Friday, May 19, 2006

Killer pesto

Tonight, I made what I term as "killer" pesto. Why? Well, after I tell you what's in it, you will understand completely. A few years ago, Marci either posted this on Wild Child Publishing as a recipe or I asked her for it after she talked about it in one of her articles. I don't remember which, but honestly, I never liked pesto until I made this pesto. The pesto offered to the public at most restaurants are bland and overly rich. Often, it seems like they have killed the basil and garlic by drowning it in olive oil. Now, this pesto is manna from the gods. However, I warn you, should you make it, be sure to share it with your significant other because your breath is going to be so gnarly, he/she won't want to be near you unless his/hers matches yours. Oh, and one more warning, it will more than likely clean you out. LOLOLOL

Recipe:

8 oz of fresh basil washed
7 cloves of garlic (more is even better. No, there is no such thing as too much garlic. Tonight, I used 9-10. Yummy!)
1/4-1/2 cup of fresh grated pecorino romano cheese (parmesan works, but I agree with Marci about the bite in the pecorino cheese)
olive oil
2-3 walnuts

In a food processor, combine basil garlic and walnuts. Scoop out the finely chopped ingredients, add the cheese and just enough olive oil to make it just a little more than moist. Too much turns it into soup.

Serve over pasta.

Oh, did I forget to mention that you will taste it the next day? LOL But I love it. Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!

Okay. If you have a moment, come on over to Romance Divas and visit FB's Chat. You will have to sign up and have access to the steamy forum, which is acquired by contacting on of the administrators. We will be there all weekend. :)

Kit

9 Comments:

Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

She posted!

WHOOOOO!

I'm so tempted to join this Diva chat but am a little apprehensive. People might not like my nuttiness.

:o)

2:06 AM  
Blogger Zinnia said...

I have a recipe similar to this. The after effects are killer too, LOLOL....

7:48 AM  
Blogger Kit Wylde said...

Join, Michelle. These are nutty people. They like us after all. LOL

8:26 AM  
Blogger Charli Cole said...

I was waiting for her to post again, too, Michelle.

Kit, thanks for commenting on my blog last night. Sometimes, you're up really late, girlfriend.

I'm not good with recipes at all. And since I had that "coffee" enema, I don't think my insides need anymore cleaning.

One hundred people have already been to my home, asking to buy a cup of coffee. And Starbucks now sees me as competition.

LOL.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Nah. I think I'd go all shy and silly really. Best I stay away and not make a prat of myself.

Enjoy yourselves ladies!

:O)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

Wow Kit!! And I thought I had a love of Garlic... Italian-ness and all... < wink, wink >

Sounds delish just the same. I will have to give it a shot. Oooo, I'll acutally get to use the processor I got for Christmas last year and still haven't used. As in 2004...

{HUGS}

2:09 PM  
Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Mmm... love pesto but never tried to make it before.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Kit Wylde said...

Pesto is amazingly easy to make. It's one of the reasons I can make it. LOL I'm not much of a cook. Matter of fact, my honey likes to cook. I don't. I nearly ruined a pan the other day by forgeting I had some stuff steaming. The smell of something burning clued me in. Um... yeah. I can burn water. LOLOL

Kit

P.S. Are all of you going to attend the FB author chat tomorrow at 5 pm EST? You can chat with Zinnia. :) I'll be there. :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Shelley Munro said...

I love pesto. Sounds like a great recipe.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home