Saturday, April 08, 2006

How do you write?

I find that I write best late at night. The house doesn't have to be quiet as long as it's after 9 pm. LOL Yeah, I'm a night owl. However, the downside to writing this late is that sometimes what I am writing seeps into my dreams. So, for instance, right now, my WIP is a paranormal with some unsettling elements in it. (I'm stuck because I am trying to decide which way to go with it.) The result is that when on I work on it, some nights I have nightmares about ghosts. The dreams don't necessarily have anything to do with the story, though. The only common demoninators between my WIP and my dreams are that both have ghosts in them. LOL

Does anyone else find this to be true? Do portions of your stories invade your dreams?

First day of spring break and my plans are to relax. I haven't had much time for that since the beginning of the semester. Although I enjoy being a teacher, it is a very demanding profession. The second graders wear me out by the end of the day. LOL They have so much energy. But their enthusiasm is a joy to see. I know I couldn't teach older students, especially 5th grade and older. Too mouthy and rambunctious for me. LOL Some of my co-workers love the older kids. They love the challenge and really enjoy them and wonder how I can teach such young children. LOL Well, I guess that's why we teach the grades we do.

Do you ever speak to your parents about their lives before they were married or had children? My mother's story is fascinating. Perhaps one day, it will find its way into one of my romances. It certainly could be one.

All right. It's a beautiful day here and the garden beckons.

Kit

4 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia said...

I like to garden too. We raise a lot of veggies, but I prefer flowers, LOL!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

Get busy and write, write, write!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Use the nightmares as story fodder!
The fear from the bad dreams can be put on the page!

Yay!

:o)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Zinnia said...

Blog? Blog?

Hello?

LOL!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home