Thursday, March 23, 2006

Progress on my sex scenes. A friend made a suggestion on how to spice up the first one to bring it more in tune with the second one. So, I did that and wished my hubby wasn't so tired and already in bed. (sigh)

I am excited about this whole process. Even though Last Chance is only a novella, editing and polishing it for publication is something new for me. I've always been something of a closet writer. Oh, I've been published in the past, but I've never really pursued it that much. It's been quite a while since any of my writings have seen the light of day beyond my computer screen. Then when I read about Freya's Bower being open for submissions and their connection to Wild Child Publishing, I knew I had to rewrite LC as an erotic novel and take my chances. I was lucky to have them accept my ms even though I am still learning the intricacies of writing sex scenes.

If you think it's easy to write one, try it. Honestly, they can be tricky. The hardest part is making the action flow without using cliches or getting bogged down with euphemisms or explicit language. I am still learning, but I think my sex scenes are improving. They at least make me hot. LOLOLOL

Okay. It grows late here, and I have one more day of teaching before the weekend. By the end of the week, those little ones wear me out. Their energy and insatiable appetite for learning is inspiring, but tiring.

So, I'm off to sleep... soon.

Kit

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Editing is fun. Mostly. Sounds like you're doing well with it, though!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Kit Wylde said...

Yeah, I'm not that keen on editing. I prefer the writing too. Jana, my editor, is going to go over it this weekend. Hopefully, it will be ready to go. (Crossing fingers!)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

You're very talented, Kit. I'm sure you'll do fine.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Marci Baun said...

Well, I look forward to seeing the finished product. :)

Marci

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home