Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Awake and soon to be at work.

Sigh! LOL

It's always coldest at sunrise, it seems.

Yes, random thoughts this morning. Maybe it's because there is actually sunshine instead of rain. I will have to adjust. LOL Today is forecasted to be 73. Woo-hoo! No rain in sight, baby! That is good. Tomorrow is 80. I will take these temps. However, my kids will probably be squirrely, wanting outside instead of in. I don't blame them. I want to be outside instead of in. LOL

No progress whatsoever over the break on my WIP. (sigh) I had such good intentions, but the days flew by and before I knew it, I was back working again. I wish I could say that I was productive, but I can't. I did nothing but squander my off time. I suppose that was exactly what I needed to do, right? Still, I should have finished that novella -- for a novella it would be as I doubt I am capable of finishing a full-length novel. My attention span, you know. LOL The stories are good, but I am ready to work on a new project about a quarter of the way through a novel. I have one sitting at about 25K words right now. Friends keep prodding me to finish it, but I can't seem to get motivated to do it.

Does anyone else ever have this dilemma?

Kit

6 Comments:

Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

I'm having that trouble right now, but it's more of the writerly blues causing it than the lack of writerly drive.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

BTW, I put LC up on my blog!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Ugh!

Same here. I get bored half way through a novel yet the plot and things going on within the story are in my head, I just can't be bothered to finish.

Short stories for me now are pieces of pap, just typed out to relieve the writer's urge to write something and I start another novel and the same thing happens all over again.

Too annoying!

I've explained the sunrise question on my blog in the comments of Zinnia's Free Spirits. I hope it helps you to sleep at night knowing this information.

LOL!

:o)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Kit Wylde said...

Silly woman! I will have to check it out. (grin)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a break can be good to refresh the muses and all that :)

Motivation can be hard to find, on occasion, but you'll get there!

3:28 AM  
Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

One pops here every day to see if something new is up and one is irate that one hasn't updated ones blog.

Hmph.

:o(

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home