Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I have been least seen lately, I know. It is nothing about being busy or even writing. (sigh... not writing) It has been the decompression stage of school being on the home stretch to summer vacation. Even though I teach second graders, I am so ready for the end of school when the time comes. And trust me when I say that second graders have changed a great deal since I started teaching fifteen years ago. Fortunately, they are still sweet, but you do encounter that mouthy child who is bound to give you fits. (sigh) I had one that never should have made it to second grade. (sigh) It's hard to focus on 24 other children when you have one that needs extra attention. Oh, I'm used to it, but it doesn't make it any easier. This child is intelligent, but teachers can't do everything. Some of it does start in the home.

Okay, enough of my school stuff. I don't come to my blog to bitch. LOL I'm good at doing that, but I don't need to do it here.

In a few more weeks, I am going on vacation. Vacation... oh, sweet vacation! LOL I do plan on taking my laptop so that I can work on my novel, but honestly, how much will I accomplish in Hawaii? I see hours of snorkeling, sitting under a palm tree sipping Long Island Ice Teas or maybe a more Hawaiian drink, although _love_ Long Island Ice Teas, and just relaxing in the tropical breeze on some deserted beach. Yeah, peace, quiet and a chance to regroup.

Sounds lovely! Which I was leaving tomorrow. LOL

Kit

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

Hawii!!! Ooooh a place for inspiration! Have fun!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

Wish I was going with you!!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Diana Castilleja said...

OMG! I finally get minutes to breathe and make my march, only to find out you're going to Hawaii!

~~ so green ~~ You just can't see it!

Have a blast. Then come home and write about it!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home